Can I Mix & Match Different THC Edible Products?
THC edibles are all the rage right now. We mean, after all, they offer a legal way to enjoy delta 9 in all of its glory. THC Edibles are known to offer the longest-lasting effects. How? Well, because the tetrahydrocannabinol converts into a cannabinoid metabolite called 11 HXY THC. This compound can remain in the bloodstream for up to 8 hours. At the same time, you can find all kinds of formulas on the market as you’ll soon find out here. In fact, with such an impressive range of THC edibles to select from nowadays, you might be wondering if you can take different ones at different times of the day, or even take two different THC edibles simultaneously.
Understanding the Real Basics About THC Edibles
First, let’s give some basic info about THC edibles. In this case, we’re mostly talking about delta 9 THC – the most famous form of tetrahydrocannabinol that dominates marijuana. It’s also the most restricted form of THC. Hence, it can only be present in 0.3% of a hemp product by dry weight. This is why it’s commonly found in gummies and other edible products, thus simply coming in larger portions so that 0.3% comes out to 10mg of delta 9 or even higher.
As we mentioned, we’re mostly talking about delta 9 THC in this article. But, there are other, unrestricted forms of THC that can exist in higher concentrations, i.e., delta 8 THC, delta 10 THC, THCV, THC-P, THC-H, and others. Each of these cannabinoids are also psychoactive, but ultimately have different effects.
What are the Different Kinds of THC Edibles?
Let’s cover different kinds of THC edibles that you can find on the market, as you might want to mix and match with the different options below.
- Edible Type: You can find different kinds of edibles out there. While gummies are the most popular, there are also THC-infused baked goods, beverages, and others.
- Milligram Strength: The amount of THC can vary between products. You can find micro-dose products that range from 1-5mg, up to 25mg. This range will obviously affect how high you get.
- Cannabinoid Blend: A lot of delta 9 gummies contain higher milligram strengths of other cannabinoids, like CBD, CBG, CBN, delta 8, etc. This will of course add to the effects of the product, since each cannabinoid brings something unique to the table.
- Cannabinoid Ratio: If an edible does contain other cannabinoids, the ratio of those cannabinoids can also matter. For example, a 10:1 CBD to THC ratio means stronger relaxing, nonintoxicating effects from the CBD influencing your experience, while a 1:1 ratio would mean an even balance between both cannabinoids.
- Type of THC: Again, some other types of THC can be found in gummies, so that may be worth exploring. For example, delta 8 THC is a milder, more mellow intoxicant.
- Other Active Ingredients: Some THC gummies may contain additional, non-cannabis active ingredients, like therapeutic mushrooms, etc.
Is it Safe to Take Multiple THC Edibles Daily?
We do want to emphasize that there is no danger in taking two doses of THC as opposed to one in a 24-hour period. Tetrahydrocannabinol is nontoxic, and taking two servings of edibles isn’t going to cause any kind of major harm, aside from possible feelings of drowsiness, increased hunger, forgetfulness, or, potentially, anxiety, if you take a far higher dose than recommended. This applies to all hemp-based products – they can be taken together without any risk of interaction.
Which THC Edibles Should You Take, and When?
Pertaining to mixing & matching, you might wonder if certain edible types are more appropriate for daytime, and some for nighttime. There aren’t any clear-cut rules, but here are some suggestions.
Depending on your tolerance, you might prefer a THC edible that contains a lower milligram strength for the daytime, since some people might not want to be really high during the day, when they have all kinds of responsibilities. In that case, maxing out at around 10mg per serving may be best for newbies. Also, cannabigerol (CBG) is a fantastic daytime cannabinoid that you can find in a number of THC gummy products. CBG is know to have something of an uplifting, focus-enhancing effect.
Nighttime edibles can be higher in milligram strength if you want them to be. Besides, you don’t have to be very productive at night (if you’re not required to). Plus, some THC edibles contain cannabinol (CBN). CBN is a nonintoxicating cannabinoid that can potentially support sleep, especially when paired with THC.
Mixing and Matching: What You Need to Know
If you wanna start mixing and matching THC edibles, here are several easy tips to keep in mind. in addition, of course, to everything we’ve already touched upon so far.
- Dosage is Everything: Cannot stress this enough. You need to pay attention to the milligram strength of THC in each edible, since some will be much stronger than others. This has everything to do with how high you get from a single serving.
- Know Different Cannabinoids and Their Effects: If you’re going with blended cannabinoid edibles, make sure you know what the effects are of the other cannabinoids since that will really influence your delta 9 experience.
- Start with 1 Every 8 Hours: Edibles typically stay effective for 8 hours at most, so start with just 1 serving every 8 hours as you’re getting used to a routine.
- Don’t Go Crazy When Shopping: It might be tempting to buy up a ton of THC edibles to mix & match with, but remember, edibles do have a shelf life that depends on their ingredients. The result: you might end up just wasting money.
Yes, You Can Mix & Match THC Edibles!
Luckily, you can mix and match different THC edibles however you choose. All, without any real risks to be on the lookout for. At Wild Orchard Co., we offer a wide array of THC edibles, including:
- D9 Gummies: Gummy candies are exactly what they sound like: Delta 9 THC gummies are edible cannabis products. They are created by a method akin to that of delta-8 or CBD, which you may be familiar with.
- D9 Cookies (Baked Delta-9 Trippy-Os Cookies and Baked Delta-9 Chocolate Trip Cookies): These are simply baked goods that contain 60MG of Full-Spectrum Hemp-Derived cannabinoids per cookie!
- Wild Shroomz: Each gummy offers 250mg of our signature mushroom blend, along with 5mg delta 9 THC for a euphoric and blissful buzz. The mushrooms that we’ve included are renowned for their benefits, so that you can enhance your wellbeing with each daily serving.
Each of these products comes in different recipes, flavors, milligram strengths, cannabinoid blends, and formulations. That way, you can really experiment and even customize your THC routine.